The 11th Symposium of surgeons of Serbia and Republic of Srpska will be held in the organization of the University Hospital Foča, Medical Faculty, Association of Surgeons of the Republic of Srpska and Surgical section of the Serbian Medical Society, with international participation in the period from 28th to 30th June 2018. This traditional meeting is one of the largest sets of surgeons in this region of regional significance. He collects a large number of surgeons and he always has visiting surgeons from abroad as a lecturer to be admitted to international meetings. This meeting is traditional, the number of participants is from year to year higher, professional topics are current, lecturers are known surgical names from different centers. The experiences and results we have achieved so far motivate us to continue with the organization of the Symposium in Foca, which will always confirm the justification of its existence. More data on the flyer.
MEETING DEDICATED TO THE RATIONAL APPLICATION OF ANTIBIOTICS IN SURGERY UNDER THE AUSPICES OF SERBIAN HEALTH MINISTRY IN THE ORGANIZATION OF SERBIAN MEDICAL SOCIETY SURGICAL SECTION ON 08. JUNE 2018. AT ZLATIBOR, SERBIA
On June 8, 2018, in the framework of the rational use of antibiotics in surgery under the auspices of the Ministry of Health, a scientific conference will take place in the form of a national symposium organized by the Surgical section of SLD. The gathering of participants is expected from 09.00 and the beginning of the professional work at 11.00 am! For the participants of the meeting, a luncheon is scheduled after the professional part of the meeting. The meeting is accredited and brings 9 speakers to the lecturers and 4 points for listeners. Topics of the expert part of the meetings:
1. Principles of prophylactic and therapeutic use of antibiotics in general and abdominal surgery. Akad.Prof Radija Čolović, SANU
2. News in the epidemiological surveillance of the operating site. Prof. Ljiljana Marković-Denić, Clinic for Infectious and Tropical Diseases KCS, Belgrade
3. Rational application of antibiotics in hepatobiliary surgery. Doc.Nikica Grubor, Institute for Digestive Diseases, KCS, Belgrade
4. Rational application of antibiotics in laparoscopic surgery. Prof. Miloš Bjelović, Institute of Digestive Diseases, KCS, Belgrade
5. Rational application of antibiotics in colorectal surgery, Dr. Goran Barišić, Institute of Digestive Diseases, KCS, Belgrade
6. Rational application of antibiotics in the surgery of the hernias of the abdominal wall. Prof. Dr. Marinko Žuvela, Institute for Digestive Diseases, KCS, Belgrade
7. Rational application of antibiotics in Orthopedics, Prof. Zoran Baščarevič, Specialized Orthopedic Hospital Banjica, Belgrade
8. Rational application of antibiotics in vascular surgery. Prim Ilijas Činara, Clinic for vascular and endovascular surgery, KCS, Belgrade
May 25, 2018 in Arandjelovac, Serbia, organized by the surgical department of General hospital Arandjelovac and under the auspices of the SLD Surgery section, a regular meeting will be held! The place of the meeting is the City Cinema in Arandjelovac. Parking is provided for participants located behind the cinema. Lunch will be organized for participants of the meeting at the Motel “Kraljica” at the entrance to Arandjelovac from the direction of Belgrade, Orasevacki put! The gathering of the participants starts at 10.00 and the beginning of the professional part is scheduled for 11.00 hours. The meeting is accredited and lecturers receive 9 and listeners 4 points! Topics of the expert part of the meeting:
1. History of Surgery in Arandjelovac, Goran Blagovjevic, OB Arandjelovac
2. Principles of prophylactic and therapeutic use of antibiotics in general and abdominal surgery. And when. Prof. Radoje Čolović, SANU
3. Fundamental surgical techniques in the production of large anatomical liver resections (hemihepatectomy) Karamarković Aleksandar, Clinic for Surgery “Nikola Spasic” KBC Zvezdara, Belgrade
4. Parenhim preserving liver resections due to colorectal carcinoma metastases, D. Basaric, Clinical Digestive Surgery Clinic, Belgrade
5. Malignant occlusion of the colon and rectum is still a significant surgical problem, Branković Branko, Pecić Vanja, Petrović Dejan, Nestorović Milica, Mihailović Dragan, Miljković Dragoslav, Stanojević Goran, Department of Colorectal Surgery Clinic for Digestive Surgery KC Niš
6. GIST, E. Keramattolah, Clinic for Digestive Surgery KCS, Belgrade
7. Prognostic significance of histopathology of tumors Water ampoules, Radojković Milan, Stojanović Miroslav, Jeremić Ljiljana, Zlatić Aleksandar, Bogdanović Darko, Todorović Aleksandra, Department of hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery Clinic for Digestive Surgery KC Niš
8. How to save giant inguinal hernias, Žuvela M1,2, Galun D1,2, Palibrk I1,2, Veličković J1,2, Djurić-Stefanović A1,2, Basaric D1,2, Bogdanović A1,2, Bidžić N1, Bulajić P1 , Djukanovic M1, Miljkovic B1. Clinic for Digestive Surgery KCS, Belgrade
April 20, 2018 in Zaječar a regular session of the Surgical section SLD will be held. The meeting will be held at Hotel LUX – Salas, starting at 11.00. Gathering participants from 10:00 am. According to the expert professional part of the planner is a luncheon lunch for the participants. The meeting is credited to the participants and brings the participants 9 points to the participants and 4 points. Topics of the meeting:
1. History of surgery in Zaječar Kostić T, ZC Zaječar
2. Whether total thyroidectomy is a selection surgery for benign tingling of the thyroid gland. Prof Dr Ivan Paunović, Center for Endocrine Surgery, KCS, Belgrade
3. Education in laparoscopic surgery. Prof. Dr. M. Stojanović, KC NIš
4. Education in laparoscopic colon surgery. Dr Mladen Janjic
5. Oncological validity of laparoscopic surgery of the colon and rectum. Krdžić, M. Kenić, M. Šćepanović, Z. Bokun, B. Kovačević, V. Ćuk, Clinic for Surgery “Nikola Spasić”, KBC Zvezdara, Belgrade, Serbia
6. Right Column Surgery-Open vs. laparoscopic approach Dr. M.Ceranić, Institute of Digestive Diseases (I Surgical Clinic) KCS, Belgrade
7. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy – our experience (1999-2017) Milosavljevic I, Kostić T, Narodović Lj, Đoković V, Marinković M, Janković I, Milaćević T, Kero Tošić M. Ristić A. Jović M. ZC Zaječar
8. Rational application of antibiotics in hepatobiliary surgery. Doc Dr. N.Grubor, Institute of Digestive Diseases (I Surgical Clinic) KCS, Belgrade
9. Upper transverse hepatectomy. Dr P. Bulajić, Institute of Digestive Diseases (I Surgical Clinic) KCS, Belgrade
WELCOME TO DOMIS SYMPOSIUM 2018: FROM GERB TO ADENOCARCINOMA
Date: April 27, 2018
Location: Hotel Hyatt Regency, Belgrade
Dear colleagues and friends,
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERB) has a high prevalence. In the last two decades, the incidence of symptoms, but also the complications of GERB, is increasing. This primarily refers to Barrett’s esophagus and adenocarcinoma of the distal esophagus and cardia. There is unequivocal evidence of the association of reflux, obesity and adenocarcinoma of the distal esophagus and cardia.
The aim of this Symposium is to summarize contemporary attitudes related to the diagnosis, monitoring and therapy of GERB, Barrett’s esophagus and adenocarcinoma of the distal esophagus and cardia.
Join us on April 27, 2018 in Belgrade, where 7 eminent experts will cover a wide range of GERB and GERB complications with exhibitions. Exchange experiences, information and ideas with colleagues. Learn contemporary attitudes and protocols, allowing you to provide the best possible treatment for patients.
Please register and attend your presence at the Symposium via www.domis.co.rs
Registration fee for the Symposium is not envisaged, and the Symposium was submitted to the Health Council of the Republic of Serbia to be accredited for medical doctors, pharmacists and medical technicians for 2018. More details on link.domis_2018
We look forward to socializing in April.
On March 30, 2018, a regular meeting of the Surgical section of SLD at the Medical Faculty of the University of Niš will be held. The gathering of participants starts at 9.00, the HS Presidency starts at 10.00 and the professional part at 11.00 am! The meeting was accredited by the Health Council of Serbia as a national symposium and has 9 points for lecturers and 4 for participants. Lunch is foreseen for all participants after completion of the professional work! Topics of the expert part of the meeting:
1.Coloretal cancer with peritoneal carcinomatosis, Oleg Sushkov, State Research, Center of Coloproctology, Moscow, Russia
2. Dilemmas in the treatment of colon and rectum cancer with metastases, Krivokapić Z, Marković V, Antić S, Barišić G, Popović M, Dimitrijević I, Petrović J, Sekulić A, Miladinov M. III Department of the First Surgical Clinic of the CC of Serbia
3. Elective surgery for diverticular disease. Prophylactic or curative? Alex Moskalev, State Research Center of Coloproctology, Moscow Russia
4. Neoadjuvant therapy of rectum carcinoma-pathway to organ suppression, Stanojević G, Nestorović M, Branković B, Pecić V, Petrović D, Mihajlović D, Miljković D. Department of Colorectal Surgery, Clinic for Digestive Surgery, KC Niš
5. Upper transversal hepatectomy, P.Bulajić, Klinika za digestivnu hirugiju, KCS, Beograd
6. Perforations of gastric cancer – strategy of surgical treatment, Ignjatović N, Stanojević G, Stojanović M, Bogićević A, Đorđević I, ešić I, Milojković B, Đorđević M. Department of upper gastrointestinal tract surgery, Clinic for Digestive Surgery, KC Niš
7. Application of local haemostatics in the thyroid gland surgery. Karanikolic A, Djordjevic N, Djordjevic L, Bojić T, Buđevac D, Đorđević M. Clinic for endocrine surgery and breast surgery, KC Niš
8. Assessment of the risk and possibilities of venous thromboembolism prophylaxis in surgical patients Jovanović M, Đorđević P, Damnjanović Z, Smiljković I, Živković V, Grozdanović D, Stepanović N. Clinic for vascular surgery, KC Niš
9. Rational application of antibiotics in vascular surgery, Činara I, Clinic for vascular and endovascular surgery KCS, Belgrade
We would like to inform you that the session of the Presidency of the Surgical Chapter of SMS will be held in Niš on March 30, 2018 at 10:00 am, before the beginning of the expert meeting. The meeting will be held at the Medical Faculty of the University of Niš and will precede the regular meeting of the HS SLD, which organized by surgeons from KBC Niš, Serbia.
Through this traditionally, spring meeting in Niš, we successfully start the new calendar year of continuous operation of the HS SMS. I thank you for your cooperation so far and I want to be more active in the future and more often initiated by you towards us on all issues related to the organization and better functioning of the HS.
On this occasion, we kindly ask you to provide us with the following necessary information in order to update our database and prepare the annual report on the operation of the HS:
- the current address book of all surgeons, specialists in surgery and live retired surgeons from your center (E-mail, address of the dwelling, contact telephone),
- any personal changes in your composition (Director / Chief, Member of the Presidency of the HS),
- current information for which you want to be published on the SC Site.
Also, every comment, critique of work, suggestions and more will be valuable to us, all for the sake of better organization and professional work.
Please send us the requested information at the following sections: email@example.com, no later than 25.03. 2018th year.
More information on the work, HS plans and current members of the HS Presidency can be found at www.hirurskasekcija.org.rs.
On the agenda of the meeting will be a plan of annual work, current topics (requests for annual awards, signing for amendments to the law on the return of nationalized assets of SLDa, etc.), as well as other topics.
Please be sure to attend the meeting, and in case of prevention, we suggest that you appoint a deputy at your college of the surgeon.
Attached we will send you the verification sheet (click on the link), which you will submit before the beginning of the session. Verification sheet for a meeting. HS SLD 09/30/2016.
With respect and collegial greeting,
Gen. Secretary Mr Ilijas Činara MD PhD, President Prof Nebojša Stanković MD PhD
Prof. Masakazu YAMAMOTO MD, PhD, FACS lecture at Medical School at Belgrade, Serbia on 22.March 2019.
We have great pleasure and honor to invite you on this occasion in front of the Department of Postgraduate Surgery studies of the Medical Faculty at the University of Belgrade, to invoke the Inaugural Lecture of the eminent World Expert in the field of HPB Surgery, on the occasion of attaining the title Visiting Professor at the University of Belgrade Medical University, which will be held in the ceremonial hall of the Dean of the Medical Faculty, on March 22, 2018, starting at 12.00.
A lecture for obtaining the title of Visiting Professor at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Belgrade will be:
Prof. Massachusetts YAMAMOTO MD, PhD, FACS
Professor & Chairman, Department of Surgery, Institute of Gastroenterology, Tokyo Women’s Medical University,
Chairman, Institute of Gastroenterology, Tokyo Women’s Medical University, Vice Director, Tokyo Women’s Medical University Hospital, JAPAN
President, JSHBPS – Japanese Society of the Hepato-Biliary Pancreatic Surgery
PROF MIHAILO ĐUKNIĆ MD, PhD, Coll. – Major JNA,
On Saturday, December 30, 2017, a rich content life was completed. The big heart of a husband, a parent and a grandfather, a renowned professor of surgery and a teacher of numerous generations of surgeons, a head of surgery and a military academy, a JNA general, a gentleman and a great man, has ceased to be. Professor Djuknić died, as many generations of surgeons in Serbia and the former Yugoslavia know him.
Prof. Dr. Mihailo Djuknić, Major General of the JNA, was born on January 14, 1927, in Belgrade. He comes from the big Djuknic family from Belanovica, a place where he often spent his days in pension, in the circle of many friends and family. He finished elementary school and gymnasium in Belgrade and then the Medical Faculty of the Belgrade University in 1951 with an average grade of 92.
Upon completion of his internship and the Medical Officers’ School, he was appointed Chief of Staff of the Guards Regiment in Sarajevo. During the Arab-Israeli War, he spent six months in Sinai, within the UN contingent, as head of the JNA Sentencing Detachment.
Specializing in General Surgery ended with a great success in 1962 with the Academician Isidora Pape, who will later succeed in the post of head of the famous MMA Clinic for Surgical Diseases. He defended his doctoral thesis entitled “Associated Chemical Injury” in 1977 at the Military Medical Academy. He was on training in famous world clinics in the United States, Russia, France, England and Czechoslovakia.
In 1963, she was elected Assistant Professor of Surgery, in the title of Docent – 1965 and in 1969 as a full professor.
After passing the specialist exam, the working life is carried out at the MMA Surgical Diseases Clinic. Upon returning from London in 1965, the first one in our country did a surgery of stenosis of the carotid artery, and among the first he operated the aneurysm of the abdominal aotre. After being educated at the famous American hospital “Valter Reed Army Medical Center” in Washington, he significantly contributed to the advancement of vascular surgery and to the treatment of blood vessel injuries. After training at the Military Medical Center “Kirov’s Names” in Leningrad, JNA military and warty surgery enriched the latest knowledge and experience in the war-surgical doctrine and the wartime wound treatment caused by high initial speed projectiles, as well as the disposal of associated injury.
Head of the Department of Surgical Diseases of the MMA and the main surgeon of the JNA was from 1981-1993. He was promoted to the rank of general-general in 1987, and in 1989 he was appointed head of the Military Medical Academy. He performed the function until 1992.
He is the author of more than 200 scientific and professional papers in general, vascular and war surgery, co-author of several books and monographs, including War Surgery and Flebology, and was an associate in the Medical Encyclopedia. He participated in numerous surgical congresses in the country and abroad. As a visiting professor, he held lectures in the United States, England, and France. In 1988, he was elected Honorary Doctor of Medical Science in the aforementioned MMA named Kirov in Leningrad. He was Editor of the Military Security Review from 1963-1993.
He was a member of the SLD and his Surgical section. On several occasions he was elected to the Management Board of this section and its president in the one-year term of office 1980/81. He was a member of the Association of Surgeons of Yugoslavia and a member of the Presidency of the same association, a member of the International Society of Digestive Surgery and the International Association for Cardiovascular Surgery. He was elected a regular member of the Academy of Medical Sciences of SLD in 1979.
He was awarded the Charter and other awards of the SLD, and in 2016 he was awarded the SLD Lifetime Achievement Award. As the fourth surgeon in the world and the only one in this area, in 1988, he received the prestigious American De Bakey War Surgery Award. He is the holder of the most military awards in the JNA – “December 22″ and a number of military merits.
After retirement in 1994, he was Vice President of the Yugoslav Red Cross and the Red Cross of Serbia.
Until a few months ago, in the late years, from when the disease prevented him, he attended almost all Surgical Sessions in various surgical centers in Serbia. With his presence, discussions, suggestions, criticism, and praise, his style of communication influenced the work and development of the HS and set up a model that would follow the generations of the surgeon.
Let him be eternal glory and thank professor Mihail Djuknic, for he contributed to the development and reputation of surgery in Serbia, and gave good credit to the MMA, surgery in Serbia and all of us.
Prof Nebojša Stanković MD. PhD,
President of Serbian Medical Society Surgical Section